Pages

11.11.2014

The Viewfinder Tee for Numa

I made Baily and Madisyn Frozen garments this weekend.
I was home and wasn't feeling well, and wanted to do something different so that means try another shot at making clothes.
I has bought this pattern a while back and it is been on my to do list of attempting for a while so I gave it a shot.
See Kate Sew (such a cute blogger a lady) PATTERN
I thought I would start with Baily since we were home alone together and she could be apart of the making process!
She picked out her fabrics, traced and cut out her pattern pieces. She even sewed up some of the top, but silk is a hard one to work with ;)
I didn't follow the pattern all the way I made a few changes- I wanted the sleeves to be a little more fun so I did this style and also the neckline seemed to be very large so I gathered it before adding the neckline finish. I really like the style of this top how it is high/low.


I also made something for Madisyn she picked out OLAF fabric which is so fitting for her fun little personality!! lol
Baily wanted to do a dress but I wasn't sure about trying that out as a first attempt of the pattern so I tried it on Madisyn.
I got a little carried away with her's because in my accessories bin I found this puff ball trimming and it was just too fitting with the print to not use.
I wanted to do the sleeves that the pattern had because I feel this is an area that I need more practice in.
I gave it an attempt and I was just not happy with them, I altered them by taking the sleeve in a little on the bottom to give it an angled look.
I am glad that Madisyn likes the dress!

After giving a pattern I know is successful (just not with me) a two attempt try, I think I am ready to take some intro to garment making classes. I think making clothes is really fun but not so fun when in my opinion they don't come out right.

I am excited to learn and to master garment making.
Thanks for reading my journey.