Pages

5.19.2015

Using lots of favorites to make a shirt for My daughter.

I just had to share with you about all the things that came together to make this shirt. First I used this free pattern: climbing the willow It was my second time testing out the Izzy pattern and I would say that it for sure runs a size bigger. For my almost 4 year old in this picture I used the 2t pattern pieces. In case you haven't noticed from my instagram and FB I like mustard yellow just a smidge ;) and I found this corduroy fabric a few weeks back at a local thrift store and "had" to buy it!! I love the quality of this corduroy fabric!
I also made a shirt for myself a while back out of this bird print which is another thing like I like "birds" I know just put a bird on it https://youtu.be/iHmLljk2t8M
I also used some re fashioned leather suspender straps. We have been doing quite a bit of purging lately and my husband was getting rid of work shirts and some suspender straps and I just loved the leather on the end of them and knew I wanted to used them for something at some point. This closure was the perfect spot!
I finished it off with another combination that I am fond of these days good old black and white stripes. I found these buttons at Hobby Lobby and they were a "must" buy!
I had fun with my little girl in taking these photos, she is just growing up too fast!!
Thank you for following sew4the1 :)

-Stacie